Stuff Only I Care About LIII

Weekly Random Thoughts on the Yankees

My thoughts on the series with Cleveland are filled with so many expletives, I'm just going to keep my mouth shut. So instead, I'll let the combined stats from the first two games for Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Jorge Posada, and Hideki Matsui do the speaking for me:

1-28 (.034 BA), 0 RBI, 10 K, 20 LOB

Not only that, the Indians found a way to get into Joba Chamberlain's head: Locusts! Let's just hope it doesn't start raining frogs on Sunday.

But I haven't given up hope yet. The Yankees have overcome a lot this year to even make it to the playoffs; they can easily make up a two-game deficit.

Of course, by the time you read this, they may have been swept out of the playoffs. In that case, you have every right to laugh at me and call me an idiot.

Weekly Random Thoughts On The Carolina Panthers

The Panthers were thumped by the Bucs, 20-7. I hope the David Carr Era is a short one.

The Panthers are now 2-2 and are one game behind Tampa Bay in the NFC South.

This week, the Panthers travel to New Orleans. If they can't beat New Orleans, I will begin dreaming of a #1 draft pick. Prediction: Carolina 23, New Orleans 14.

P.S. Everyone with Drew Brees on their fantasy roster should START HIM this weekend. You'll thank me later.

The Cynical Dad NFL Rankings

Each week, I'm going to name the top six teams in the NFL. Why six? Don't know.

1. Indianapolis Colts (4-0)
They're the reigning Super Bowl champions. Until they lose a game, the number one spot is theirs.
2. New England Patriots (4-0)
I think a team built with the best players from the remaining thirty-one teams would lose to the Patriots. They are by far the best team in the NFL so far this season.
3. Dallas Cowboys (4-0)
If their defense was half as good as their offense, they might stand half a chance against the Patriots.
4. Pittsburgh Steelers (3-1)
As long as Ben Roethlisberger doesn't have to win the game for the Steelers, they are a great team.
5. Green Bay Packers (4-0)
I'm still not sold on this team. They have no running game to speak of. Brett Favre can't keep up this pace, can he?
6. Tennessee Titans (2-1)
Their only loss was a 22-20 defeat at the hands of the Colts.

Thanks

You know, the main thing I like about this stupid site is the readers. If I have a question, I can just put it out to you guys and have it answered almost immediately. I would like to thank everyone who weighed in on our camera purchasing dilemma.

We're hopefully hitting the box stores tomorrow to play around in the camera department, armed with the knowledge we gained from you guys. Thanks again!

For Marla, As She Is The Only Other Person I Know Who Watched This Show

I loved the finale of Rock Of Love. Who would've thought Bret Michaels would've pulled a King Solomon and offered to share himself with both girls? But in the end, Jes (my favorite from the get-go), said that she couldn't share him with that skank other woman, so he picked her. Awwww. True Love. Never mind that it was a reality show and she's probably half his age.

In fact, the only thing that could possibly beat the show's finale is Sunday night's reunion show. It should be good for about four or five catfights.

Serial Killers Rock

After watching the season debut of Dexter, I think this season has the opportunity to be even better than the first (which I didn't think would be possible).

Sunday Morning Hangover

Here are some of the more interesting/entertaining posts I've come across this week:
Song of the day: The Dope Show by Marilyn Manson