Stuff Only You Care About III

Here is the final batch of answers to the questions you asked during De-Lurking Week. If I missed your question, please let me know.

Ron: Have you kept up with your old pre-SAH buddies?
To some extent. We exchange emails, Christmas cards, phone calls, and all that kind of stuff, but probably only meet up six times a year or so. I tend to see the ones with children more often than those without. We're scattered all over the state now so it's hard to get together as often as we'd like.

Liza: Have you ever had any cyber-stalker/e-flaming type stuff go on in your comments or via e-mail, and how did you handle it (in general terms, naturally)?
I spent many a night as a pretentious college student (and beyond) getting all philosophical with friends and strangers and if I learned anything from the experience it's that no matter how convincing your drunken arguments are, you're not going to change anyone's mind. It just leads to a lot of messy fights.

On my site, I tend to stay away from button-pushing issues such as religion, politics, and breastfeeding, so I haven't had many nasty emails or comments. But I've found that the best course of action when dealing with these psychos is no action at all. They're just looking for attention. Ignore them. No matter how scary their death threats may seem.

Stefan: Think the Heels men's basketball team can win it all this year?
After tonight's convincing victory against Clemson, I really do believe Carolina will win it all this year. They have so much talent and depth it will be hard for any team to keep up with them for forty minutes (just ask Virginia Tech, who almost blew a twenty-point lead to Carolina with less than five minutes remaining).

The only thing that stands between them and a national championship is the players' egos. With so much talent and only so many scoring opportunities, some players are bound to get jealous of others at some point.

Creative-Type Dad: Was Colonel Sanders really a Colonel?
Not a real colonel, just an honorary one. But Sgt. Slaughter was really a sergeant.

The Battered Ham: Do you have any aspirations of becoming the new Yellow Wiggle?
Please. The Wiggles are so 2002. I'm holding out to be a regular on Jack's Big Music Show.

Caitlin DiMare: What is your favorite thing about being a father?
Everything. The good and the bad. Sorry if that sounds like a cop-out answer, but it's the truth.

I take that back. I don't enjoy changing diapers. Diapers suck. But everything else rocks.

Sephyroth: I don't know if you've discussed this, but what got you into blogging?
I've been on the web since early 1996. Back then, I wrote a monthly satirical pop culture 'zine. I hung it up in 2001. In April of 2005, I got the itch again, so I started another pop culture site. But my heart wasn't really into it, so in July of 2005 I decided to start writing about my kids.

Song of the day: Why Can't We Be Friends? by War