Stuff Only You Care About II

Here is the second batch of answers to the questions you asked during De-Lurking Week. The final group will follow in a day or so.

mamatulip: What's the best concert you've ever been to?
I've been to a lot of shows, but I've got to say that the best concert I've ever seen was the original Lollapalooza. Since I don't live near a large metropolitan area, I had never been to a music festival before. Nine Inch Nails, Jane's Addiction, and Siouxsie and the Banshees were three of my favorite bands at the time. I had a blast.

Honorable mentions: Jane's Addiction in a tiny theater (I had a 103 degree fever; it was better than any drug I could've taken), The Cramps (the only concert I walked away from with a piece of memorabilia: a wine cork Lux Interior spit into the crowd), and the night Susanna Hoffs was undressing me with her eyes.

mamatulip: What's your middle name?
I use a fake first name and last name on this site, but I've never made up a middle name for myself. How does Sebastian suit you?

Chag Sebastian Holland. Works for me.

Here's a fun fact you don't know about me: I was named after a dog (and you people wonder why I use a fake name). Here's how it works: I was named after my uncle. He was named after a doctor. The doctor was named after a dog. So if you connect the dots, I was named after a dog. Does wonders for one's self-esteem.

Mrs. Fortune: Why do you live where you live - what brought you there, I mean, because you're not from there originally, right?
My parents moved to this area when I was young. I never left.

Mrs. Fortune: How did you and Ella meet?
I've mentioned this before and it's just as embarrassing to type this as it was then, but we met in a karaoke bar. Really, how could one not fall in love with the long-haired cutie belting out Bon Jovi's Bed of Roses?

Ella didn't. She opted for the misfit butchering The Clash's Should I Stay Or Should I Go?.

She should've gone.

Mrs. Fortune: Why did you tell me not to give up on Jake Delhomme?
Because Delhomme is an above-average quarterback with two great wide receivers in Steve Smith and Keyshawn Johnson. I said yesterday that the blame for the Panthers' poor season should be placed on Dan Henning. And today he was fired. Rock!

Something Blue: What is the most bizarre thing that gets on your nerves?
There are many, many, many things that get on my nerves. But most of them are pretty commonplace: stuff like bad drivers, stupid rednecks, most politicians, etc. But here's something that really gets on my nerves: I absolutely refuse to walk into a movie theater after the previews have started. The trailers are a vital part of the movie-going experience.

And ketchup and mustard. I cannot stand the sight, smell, or taste of either.

And people who say "feel gold" instead of field goal.

I should stop by now before this answer takes on a life of its own.

Kate: Since my hubby is a SAHD, I'm curious how you became that. And does every man envy the fact that you stay at home?
Some guys do, some don't, and some do for all the wrong reasons. I remember when I first told my friends that I was going to be a stay-at-home dad. One of my single friends said, "Cool! You can stay at home and play video games all day!" Idiot.

While Ella was still out on maternity leave, we decided one night that it would be in Zoey's best interest if I stayed at home with her. We went over our finances and found out that once you subtracted the cost for daycare, I wouldn't have had much salary left. Plus, I was able to freelance from home.

On my first day on my new job, I was terrified. But I'm slowly getting the hang of it. And it's by far the best thing I've ever done with my life.

Croutonboy: Do you remember life before YouTube?
No. And I don't want to. I just hope that the people that own the content don't get lawsuit-happy and shut the place down. They've got to realize that it's great publicity for their movie/television show/song/whatever. Without YouTube, I wouldn't be able to subject you to gems such as this:

Song of the day: Jukebox (Don't Put Another Dime) by The Flirts