Stuff Only I Care About XVII

Weekly Random Thoughts On The Yankees

The Yankees went 5-2 this week, bringing their overall record to 50-35, and are now three games behind Boston in the AL East.

In their last four games (all victories), the Yankees have outscored their opponents 27-8.

In those four games, their starters have combined for a 2.25 ERA.

Jaret Wright went SIX innings on Friday night.

Jaret Wright struck out TEN batters on Friday night.

Jaret Wright gave up ZERO runs on Friday night.

Still not a fan of Jaret Wright.

With Damon missing most of the past week, the Yankees have no one left from their Opening Day outfield. In fact, they had to resort to such talent as Aaron Guiel (claimed off waivers from Kansas City (KANSAS CITY!)).

But did I mention they're only three games back?

And here's a fun stat for all you Red Sox fans: The Boston Red Sox are 37-30 against the American League this year. 37-30. Playing .552 ball. True, they're 16-2 against the National League, which would fare well for the World Series, but if they keep playing at a .552 clip against the American League, they won't have to worry about the World Series.

Babytalk

If you would like a free subscription to Babytalk magazine, click here. Ella was an avid reader of Babytalk until Zoey was about eighteen months old (after that, neither of us had much time to read anything).

Disclaimer: If that sounds like an ad, it isn't. The people at Babytalk asked if my readers would be interested in a free subscription to their magazine. My wife used to read it all the time, so I agreed. I am receiving no compensation, monetary (or monitory) or otherwise, for this link. Don't really know why I feel the need to defend myself, but yet I am.

My Top 100 Albums Of All Time

Don't forget! I've got that contest running: a $25 Amazon gift certificate to the first person who correctly identifies my favorite album of all time. No one has guessed right yet, so give it a whirl if you haven't already done so (only one guess per person, folks).

Sunday Morning Hangover

I've been slack this week and haven't been keeping up with my favorite reads (much less commenting) as well as I'd like. And next week won't be any different; we're leaving Tuesday for the beach and won't return until Sunday evening (six days without internet access; I will surely die (because even though Ella said I could purchase a laptop for Father's Day, I'm just too cheap to actually buy the damn thing)). Nonetheless, here are some of the more interesting/entertaining posts I've come across this week: