Meme On

Okay, the weirdgirl tagged me with this meme thingie:

Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot.

  1. Queen of Spain
  2. Becky
  3. childsplayx2
  4. the weirdgirl
  5. Cynical Dad (is this a pyramid scheme?)

Select five people to play (but only if they want to).
  1. Susan
  2. MFA Mama
  3. Callie
  4. Kara
  5. You! Yes, you!
What were you doing 10 years ago?
Ella and I were in year two of our seven-year courtship. We were living with another girl in a tiny rented house. I was publishing an online satirical magazine that no one read. By the end of the year, said magazine had me writing a spec screenplay for Sony and turning down offers to speak at colleges and high schools due to my severe stage fright. I had also returned to college, this time to get a computer science degree.

What were you doing one year ago?
Hyperventilating. We were one month away from Zed's birth and I was freaking out. "TWO kids? I can barely handle Zoey! I don't know how to take care of TWO kids!"

Still don't.

Five snacks you enjoy:
  1. Dark chocolate
  2. Little Debbie Nutty Bars
  3. Dill pickle potato chips
  4. Cheese (any kind will do)
  5. Beer (the cheaper, the better)
Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
All. Of. Them. Seriously.

I've been a singer or played in bands since I was thirteen (which I realize goes against my stage fright, but here's the secret: I always looked down at the ground and paced while singing), been a college DJ, and have surrounded myself with music since I was three (seriously). So, to switch things up a bit, here are the five songs I used to perform most often at karaoke:
  1. My Way (the Sid Vicious version)
  2. One Way Or Another (Blondie)
  3. Should I Stay Or Should I Go? (The Clash)
  4. Ballroom Blitz (Sweet)
  5. A Murder Of One (Counting Crows)
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
  1. Let Ella quit her job as well.
  2. Buy lots of cool stuff for the kids.
  3. Squash my enemies.
  4. Buy a laptop.
  5. [insert something here that makes me look like a caring, conscientious individual]
Five bad habits:
  1. Not responding to emails.
  2. Not answering the phone.
  3. Spending too much time online at night.
  4. Sloppiness.
  5. Nervous shaking.
Five things you like doing:
  1. ANYTHING with my family.
  2. Listening to music.
  3. Writing.
  4. Playing fantasy football.
  5. Anything but THIS MEME right now. It was so much fun in the beginning!
Five things you would never wear or buy again:
Ok. I'm taking this to mean five things I would never wear. Just FYI.
  1. A Red Sox cap.
  2. A jeans jacket.
  3. Cowboy boots.
  4. A suit (except for weddings and funerals).
  5. Golf/polo shirts.
Five favorite toys:
  1. TiVo (but it's not really a toy; more like a life partner)
  2. Caller ID (See Bad Habit #2)
  3. Do sex toys count?
  4. How about the kids' toys?
  5. I'm spent.