Can Someone Cue Auld Lang Syne?

It's that time of year when everyone reflects on the past year and publishes top ten lists. Is there room on the bandwagon? Good.

TOP TEN FILMS OF 2005

I love movies. There was a time when I'd drive thirty miles to see a flick because our Mainstream Multiplex Of Crap wasn't carrying it. Now? I think I saw one movie in the past year. And I don't even remember what it was. We don't rent movies, either. But we do subscribe to ALL the movie channels, so I watch a lot of movies (late at night; it pays to be an insomniac) the rest of you saw two years ago.

So if you've been trapped in the bottom of a well for a while, drop me a line if you'd like some movie recommendations.

TOP TEN BOOKS OF 2005

Hmm. I can't remember the last time I read a book. I might've reread Breakfast of Champions or a Tom Robbins novel during one of my more severe bouts with insomnia, but that's about it.

Wait! I did receive two Su Doku books for Christmas. Does that count?

TOP TEN CDS OF 2005

This top ten thing is starting to look like a bad idea. I love music and there was a time when I would buy at least two CDs a week. Now, other things are more important. I believe the last CD I bought was Jump and Jive With Hi-5, if that tells you anything.

TOP TEN TELEVISION SHOWS OF 2005

Finally, something I can truly comment on! Here's my list:
  1. Deadwood
  2. My Name Is Earl
  3. Curb Your Enthusiasm
  4. Real Time With Bill Maher
  5. Penn & Teller: Bullshit!
  6. The Boondocks
  7. Entourage
  8. Huff
  9. The Office
  10. Starved
  11. The Showbiz Show With David Spade
Sorry. Like Spinal Tap, I like to crank it up to eleven.

I watch entirely too much television.

TOP TEN CYNICAL DAD POSTS OF 2005

I was really expecting USA Today to tackle this but apparently they're too busy. Anyway, in the left sidebar, I posted a list of what I felt were my best entries of 2005.

I am that vain.

Some of you probably feel that list should be empty.

Judging by the fact that there are only two posts on that list from the past two months, I've apparently been phoning it in lately. Sorry. I suck.

RESOLUTIONS

What would an end-of-year post be without a couple of resolutions?
  1. I resolve to stop phoning it in.
  2. I resolve not to do any top ten lists at the end of 2006.
Hope everyone has a happy and healthy 2006!