Women Are From Venus, Men Eat Buffalo Wings

On Saturday, Ella and I were able to go on a rare afternoon date! This was our second date this summer, so we need to be careful before we spoil ourselves.

We caught Superbad, which not as funny as we had hoped. I wanted to see Rob Zombie's Halloween and Ella wanted to see The Nanny Diaries, so we compromised. The first twenty minutes of Superbad were quite funny (especially Jonah Hill's "art problem"), but it all went downhill after they went to the liquor store.

The theater was about half filled, but we had two Hetero Guys seated near us trying to out-hetero each other during the sleeping bag scene near the end. "I'm feeling uncomfortable," said Hetero #1. "This just ain't right," replied Hetero #2. Grow up, fellas. It's 2007.

Before the movie, we had lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings. I'm always on the search for the perfect buffalo wing, so we decided to give them a try (verdict: decent wings, but far from perfect). The place was packed with Appalachian State fans cheering on their team. We were able to see the first half of the Greatest Upset In The History Of Sports before leaving to see the movie.

On the way to the theater, I was telling Ella how I'd like to go back to the restaurant. "I bet you would," she said. "There's a billion televisions with sports and all they serve is man food." "Man food?" I asked. "Buffalo wings, potato skins, cheese sticks, deep-fried appetizer crap," she replied. "If that's man food, what's woman food? A salad?" I asked her. She didn't have an answer for me.

So, if buffalo wings, potato skins, cheese sticks, and the like are "man food," what is woman food? I know most of my readers are women, so I'd really like to hear your thoughts.

And if anyone knows of a chain that makes great wings (spicy, but flavorful), let me know.

Song of the day: Valerie by The Zutons