Stuff Only I Care About XL

Weekly Random Thoughts on the Yankees

The Yankees went 4-2 this week, bringing their record to 13-15. They are tied for second place in the AL East and are five and a half games behind Boston.

In their four victories this week, the Yankees outscored their opponents 27-7. In their two losses, the Yankees were outscored 22-15. The Yankees lead the majors in runs scored, averaging 6.04 runs per game. However, they are giving up 5.25 runs per game.

The Yankees did have two great outings by starting pitchers this week. Chien-Ming Wang went eight innings, giving up two hits and one homer in today's 8-1 victory over Seattle. Rookie Phil Hughes pitched six and a third of no-hit ball before leaving with a pulled hamstring. Unfortunately, he will miss four to six weeks.

The Yankees have four games against Seattle and three games against Texas this week. The Yankees will be sending another rookie starter, Matt DeSalvo, to the mound in Monday's game against Seattle.

@#!%

The Independent Film Channel is running a month-long series called The 31 Best Movie Moments In Bad Words: A Celebration Of Cinematic Swearing. Each day, they are showing clips from some of the most creative swearing scenes in indie flicks. So far, they've highlighted Clerks, Glengarry Glen Ross, Happiness (Jon Lovitz's career-defining moment), Living In Oblivion, and Pulp Fiction.

[Note: To view the daily entries, you must go to their homepage each day and click on the graphic. There is no url that updates with each day's entry. You need to change this, IFC guys.]

Dave Rocks

Dave at Blogography just celebrated his blog's fourth anniversary. And unlike most people who would simply run a list of some of their favorite posts (ahem) to mark the occasion, Dave gave away prizes. What did he give away? By my calculations, Dave gave away a Polaroid A515 digital camera, a $50 Amazon gift certificate, a Flickr Pro Account Membership, ten sets of DuckyButtons, fifty-five custom-made DuckyButtons, four high quality prints of his DaveToons or photography, and forty Blogography t-shirts. Insane, right?

I was actually one of the Grand Prize winners. I won the Amazon gift certificate, six sets of DuckyButtons, twenty-five custom-made DuckyButtons, and three t-shirts. ROCK!

But I need your help. See, I have no idea what to put on my custom-made DuckyButtons. Remember those pins all the kids wore on their lapels in the 80s? That's what DuckyButtons look like.

I thought about putting a picture of my kids on the buttons. But I can't really see their relatives wearing them on a regular basis. I thought about putting my site's logo on the buttons, but even though the logo's quite cool (thanks again, Kristen & John), I think it's too big to put on a button. Then I thought of just putting "Cynical Dad Sucks" on the buttons because I'm all about truth in advertising. Do I put "Chag 4 Prez" for my inevitable Presidential campaign on down the line? Frankie Say Relax?

I'm stumped. I don't have any idea what to put on the buttons. If you have any suggestions, please leave them in the comments.

And A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Toy Store Today

It was raining yet again today, so we took the kids to the pet store and the toy store. Zed loves puppets, so we went to the puppet section to play. Only there were two emo kids lying there on the floor, arms and legs intertwined, with walls of stuffed animals constructed around them, sharing an iPod.

Is this what passes for foreplay?

Sunday Morning Hangover

Here are some of the more interesting/entertaining posts I've come across this week:
Song of the day: Two Tribes by Frankie Goes To Hollywood