Judging A Book By Its Author

While Zed and I were home watching Carolina complete their sweep of Duke, Zoey and Ella went shopping for a book. Every month, two students from Zoey's preschool class are chosen to purchase a book and donate it to the class. The class keeps the books for a month and then donates them to charity. March is Zoey's month.

Right when Billy Packer started bitching about Gerald Henderson getting ejected for bloodying Tyler Hansbrough's nose (Packer claimed Henderson was "going for the ball" despite the fact the ball was nowhere near Hansbrough, much less up his nose), the phone rang.

Me: Hello?
Ella: We're on our way back. You need anything?
Me: I'm fine. What book did you get? A princess book?
Ella: No. Some book by Jamie Lee Curtis.
Me: WHAT?
Ella: Some book by Jamie--
Me: I heard you. Why did you buy her that book?
Ella: Because we both liked it. It's a book about self-esteem. It's got some really great illustrations.
Me: She was TOPLESS in Trading Places. What were you thinking?
Ella: I wasn't thinking about her boobs when I bought it.
Me: It's a Baptist preschool. What are they going to think?
Ella: That it's a great book about self-esteem.
Me: She was in horror movies!
Ella: I'm hanging up now.

My superhero power is the ability to overanalyze even the most mundane situation and find/create the negative in it. Unfortunately, this skill doesn't come in too handy for my fellow man. Which is why I don't get to wear a cape in public.

But the book is pretty cool. And it does have some great illustrations.

Hopefully Zoey's teachers agree.

Sorry I've been away so long. I've been quite sick the past week. It started on Tuesday and I finally went to the doctor on Thursday. The doctor was convinced I had the flu, so she ran a flu test on me. Which, in case you've never had a flu test, means they stick a long cotton swab inside your nostril and use it to scrape the top of your skull. When that test came back negative, she did a blood test to see if it was something bacterial. When that came back negative, she shrugged her shoulders and said, "It's viral. It'll pass eventually." I've had a fever (twice reaching above 103) for the past five days along with a nasty cough and cold and just a general achy feeling. I've been quite a joy to be around.

Song of the day: The Emperor's New Clothes by Sinead O'Connor