My Little Punk, Pretty Punk

Yesterday, Ella took Zed shopping while Zoey and I hung around the house. Since I was interested in watching the NFL Wild Card games, Zoey was left to her own devices. Every once in awhile, she'd come into the living room and ask a question.

"Can I play with my markers?"

"Sure."

"Can I pierce my ears?"

"Sure."

"Can I shoot heroin with my friends?"

"Sure."

At one point, she came in and asked if she could play with her scissors. She's been on a kick lately where she makes her own jigsaw puzzles. She draws a picture, cuts it up, and glues it back together on another sheet of paper. I went out to the kitchen, got her scissors and construction paper, and went back to the living room.

Every so often (re: commercial break), I would pop my head in the kitchen to see what she was doing. During my last visit to the kitchen during yesterday's Mostly Unsupervised Fun With Scissors Time, I found that Zoey had given all her My Little Ponies mohawks. Remember when I was concerned that Zoey was becoming more Princess than Punk Rock? Maybe there's still hope for my girl.

The ponies, however, are less than pleased. With their rainbow mohawks, they look like some lame mid-80s synth band. I'd be pretty pissed, too.

Song of the day: Hello by Celebrity Skin