Stuff Only I Care About XXIII

Weekly Random Thoughts On The Yankees

God damn it.

Those three words pretty much sum up my thoughts on the Yankees this week. But I'll elaborate.

Greatest lineup ever? The one Jeremy Bonderman held hitless for five innings?

Greatest lineup ever? The one Kenny Rogers held scoreless for seven and two thirds?

Greatest lineup ever? The one that went scoreless for twenty straight innings during the series?

Greatest lineup ever? If they were, they sure as hell didn't play like it.

I don't want to take anything from the Tigers. They played great. They played like a T-E-A-M. They played like they wanted to win. Hell, watching Kenny Rogers pitch Friday night, seeing his excitement after each Yankee out, I was almost rooting for him (why the hell did he never pitch like that when he was a Yankee?).

But the Yankees sucked.

Please get some pitching in the offseason. And no pitchers older than me, please.

Please get rid of A-Rod. I'm not usually one to bash players on my favorite teams (with the exception of Jaret Wright, whom I'm never liked), but I think it's time to trade A-Rod. When we need a big hit, he strikes out or grounds into a double play. His ego is too fragile for New York. Let him go play for some low-profile noncontender so he can flourish once again.

And for those of you looking for my picture, it'll be posted later this week. I wasn't planning on losing this bet (like most people, including all nineteen of ESPN's "experts," I thought the Yankees would have no problem with the Tigers), so I need to get a Sox shirt.

UPDATE 1:46 AM: If ESPN is correct and George Steinbrenner fires Joe Torre tomorrow, he is a fool. Torre isn't the problem. Pitching is. And A-Rod.

Weekly Random Thoughts On The Carolina Panthers

The Panthers have beaten Tampa Bay and the previously unbeaten Saints since Steve Smith returned to the lineup. He is their offense. I look for them to improve to 3-2 on the season with a lopsided victory over the Browns on Sunday.

And they'll be an even better team when John Fox finally realizes DeAngelo Williams should receive the majority of carries.

Will YouTube Give MTV The Sack?

Billy Bragg was on Craig Ferguson's show this past week. He performed an updated version of Waiting For The Great Leap Forwards that trashes, among other things, the current administration. My favorite new lyrics:

And I don't believe we can defeat no Axis Of Evil
By putting smart bombs in the hands of dumb people

If you want to see the performance, click here.

A Killer Album

The Killers released their second album, Sam's Town, earlier this week. I was a big fan of their debut album (I put them at #80 on my Top 100 albums list), but Sam's Town blows Hot Fuss away. It's an amazing album!

So go buy it, download it, shoplift it, or do whatever you do to get your music.

I'm Not Making This Up

Twisted Sister is releasing a Christmas album. I love Christmas covers and hair bands, so you know I'll be picking this up. Sad.

Sunday Morning Hangover

Here are some of the more interesting/entertaining posts I've come across this week: