Maybe Christmas Will Come Early This Year

The kids and I have been sick the past few days, so we've spent quite a bit of lazy time either watching TV or reading. Today, Zoey was flipping through the Party City catalog, trying to decide what she wanted to be for Halloween.

Ella made Zoey's first two costumes. She made Zed's first costume. We're done with that game; it's only store-bought, mass-produced costumes from here on out. Conformity rocks!

After much consideration and flip-flopping, Zoey finally decided on this:


A Barbie Fairytopia Mermaidia costume. Of course, by the time we get everyone well enough to actually go costume shopping, she will have changed her mind three hundred times.

And then she asked me, "Do Mommies and Daddies wear costumes?" "Yes, some do," I replied. "Do you want Mommy and Daddy to wear costumes?"

"YES!" she exclaimed as she began studying the adult women's costumes. She picked this one:


"I like this one."

"So does Daddy."

"I like pink."

"Me too."

"I think Mommy should be this for Halloween."

"Me too."

And Zoey? If you're reading this and talk Mommy into purchasing that outfit, I'll buy you a pony. And everything in the toy store.