Stuff Only I Care About XXVII

Weekly Random Thoughts On The Carolina Panthers

During their bye week, the entire defense decided to start meeting every Thursday night at a steakhouse in Charlotte to try to reconnect as a team. Since then, the Panthers have given up only ten points in eight quarters. Perhaps their offense needs to follow suit.

This week, they get the Washington Redskins. Prediction: Panthers 31, Redskins 10.

Weekly Random Thoughts On The Carolina Tar Heels (Football)

The John Bunting Era is over! All hail Butch Davis!

They barely beat Duke on Saturday. DUKE! If that's not a sign your football program is in serious disarray, nothing is.

Weekly Random Thoughts On The Carolina Tar Heels (Basketball)

The Heels went 2-1 this week. They played one great game (a 103-50 thrashing of Gardner-Webb), one so-so game (a 101-87 victory over #22 Tennessee), and one far-from-great game (a 82-74 loss to #26 Gonzaga). This week, they play #4 Ohio State on Wednesday and #20 Kentucky on Saturday, both at the Dean Dome. We'll have a better feel on how good this team really is come Saturday evening.

An Unsolicited Review

On our way to our Thanksgiving festivities, I stopped by a quickie mart to refill my gas tank and my stomach. I noticed a large display in the corner of the store. What were they selling? Hershey's Brownies -N- Chocolate candy bars! And they taste every bit as delicious as they sound. It's basically a regular Hershey's bar with brownie bits.

The only bad thing is the bars have a "Limited Edition" banner across the top. They need to totally rethink that.

Regarding Solicited Reviews

I appreciate everyone's comments on the matter. Truth be told, it's not like people are knocking down my door or anything. And none of them are offering any type of payment. Most are just musicians or writers (and since this week's article, children's musicians) with a CD or book they'd like me to listen to or read. What's the difference between this and if I heard a song on the radio and bought the CD? They're putting the music in front of me and it's my decision to like it or not.

I'm still undecided on the matter. And if you have any questions about my honesty, this review really should put all the doubts out of your head.

Only Five More Days . . .

Until NaBloPoMo No Mo! Yeah, my writing's been pretty crappy this month. I apologize. But come December, things will revert back to three-to-four posts a week. Yeah, the posts will still be crappy, but they'll be less frequent, so that's reason for celebration, no?

Sunday Morning Hangover

Here are some of the more interesting/entertaining posts I've come across this week: