Science H. Logic

My computers, my cellular phone, and the calendar on the wall tell me it's November 11th. What date do you have? Because I'm seriously thinking they should all read December 11th.

It's bad enough one of the local radio stations switched to the All Xmas Music, All The Time format on November 1st. It's also somewhat alarming spotting Christmas wreaths hanging from the street posts downtown. But do you want to know what caused me to almost spit out my eggnog?

Santa Claus has come to town.

The chubby bastard has already taken up residence at the mall. On a day where the temperature outside reached eighty degrees, a small child could be plopped onto Santa's lap to tug on his beard before breaking into hysterics. A full twelve days before Thanksgiving.

I am not ready to celebrate Christmas yet. Hell, I'm barely ready for tomorrow.

Give us a break. Remember when we used to celebrate Thanksgiving? Now it's just a day to stuff yourselves full of turkey in order to have enough energy for the daylong shopping spree known as Black Friday (or as I like to call it, HELL).

And speaking of Black Friday, the same mall that is already pimping Santa has decided to open their doors at . . .

Not 6:00 AM.

Not 4:00 AM.

Wait for it...

They're opening their doors at 12:01 AM on Black Friday.

You guys have fun. Wake me up at noon when you get back.