Zoey And The Amazing Multicultural Themed Camp

A few weeks ago...

Ella: I signed Zoey up for another summer camp.
Me: Cool. Another art camp? A sports camp?
Ella: No. A multicultural camp.
Me: What does that mean?
Ella: It means she'll learn about different countries and cultures.
Me: She's three.
Ella: So?
Me: Couldn't she learn something that would be a little more useful to her right now?
Ella: I think this will be useful.
Me: Can't she go to Learn To Read Camp?
Ella: I think the multicultural camp will be fun.
Me: How about Learn To Tie Your Shoes Camp?
Ella: Are you done yet?

Yesterday...

We arrived at the church where the Multicultural Camp was held. We were walking through the building when we came across a woman wearing a white, flowing robe. "That's odd," I thought to myself as we exchanged smiles.

When we came to the classroom, there were four women all wearing white, flowing robes. I thought I had stumbled upon a Polyphonic Spree jam session. "Christ," I thought. "This isn't a camp. It's a commune!"

Even though every instinct told me to run away, I gave Zoey a goodbye kiss and spoke with her teachers for a few minutes, trying to uncover their hidden hippie agenda. No luck.

I ran outside and phoned Ella.

Me: What the hell kind of camp did you sign Zoey up for?
Ella: A multicultural camp.
Me: It's run by hippies!
Ella: What are you talking about?
Me: Hippies! They're all wearing white robes!
Ella: I'm sure you're overreacting. As usual.
Me: No! I saw them!
Ella: Denise sent Rachel there last summer. She loved it.
Me: Is Denise a hippie?
Ella: No!
Me: I bet Rachel is now!

Today...

As we were driving home from Multicultural Camp, I noticed an overpowering scent in the car.

It was a familiar scent.

It was a nauseating scent.

It was...

PATCHOULI!!!

Me: Zoey, did your teacher spray perfume on you?
Zoey: Yes, Daddy!
Me: grumble, mumble, grumble

Tomorrow...

If Zoey comes home with flowers in her hair or babbling about peace, love, and understanding, Daddy's gonna kick some hippie ass.

And Now For Something Completely Different

I've got that music trivia contest going on if you're interested.