All You Need Is A Barbie Doll...

So the wife and kids and I were at one of those trendy outdoor malls that have swallowed up enclosed malls and turned them into ghost towns and/or drug dens.

It was Prom Night. So in addition to running into the normal hipsters, we were also treated to seeing guys trying to impress their dates by buying them steaks or overp.f.priced Chinese p.f.food.

And then we saw her.

She wasn't an overly attractive teenager. In fact, had she not been all dolled up, I doubt she would've even registered.

She was standing outside a clothing store, with her hair teased high, in a pair of fuck-me-pumps and a dress that barely covered anything. You couldn't help but look at her. Despite the glares of my wife. (Who was also looking.)

And they her date came out of the store.

Actually, dates.

Two geeks. But not the supersmart cool kind. The clueless kind. Nerds. And that's when I realized what was going on here.

I whispered to my wife, "This explains the girl. It's Gary and Wyatt."