Stuff Only I Care About XXXIV

Weekly Random Thoughts On The Carolina Tar Heels

First of all, let's pretend the NC State game never happened, okay?

No. Can't do that. Some say Carolina was caught looking ahead to the Duke game. I don't believe it. NC State played an intense and well-coached game. Sidney Lowe, in his first Carolina game as a coach for NC State, had his team ready for Carolina. He remembers his days as a player for NC State, back when the two teams were actual rivals.

I'm looking forward to the Sidney Lowe Era. It'll be nice to renew the rivalry between the two teams, unlike the Herb Sendek Era, in which his NC State teams went a pitiful 5-17 against the Tar Heels.

Now let's talk about Duke. Carolina looked sloppy in the first half, and found themselves down by ten with a little over three minutes remaining in the first half. But because they were able to constantly substitute players, they were able to eventually crawl back into the game. Even though the freshman were playing their first game in the hostile confines of Cameron.

Because of Carolina's incredible depth (I truly believe their seventh and eighth men could be leading scorers for other teams), it is and will be difficult for any team to stay with Carolina for a full forty minutes. And that's what happened to Duke.

How do those three conference losses in a row and a .500 conference record taste, Coach K? Ha-ha.

I Got Your PTPers Right Here, Baby!

Since I live in the Jefferson-Pilot viewing area, I was not able to listen to Duke Vitale call the Carolina-Duke game. Unfortunately, I had to hear something much, much worse: Billy Packer call the game. Could Packer be any more transparent in his hatred for Carolina? It seemed like every time a Carolina player looked at a Duke player, he screamed that the refs should have called a foul. It was ridiculous.

The only thing worse than hearing Packer call the game would've been to hear Packer and Vitale call the game. I would've had to turn off the volume on the television and listen to Woody on the stereo.

I'll Be Watching

I'm psyched to see The Police perform on tomorrow night's Grammy Awards. I'm hoping they'll perform Can't Stand Losing You and/or Synchronicity II.

I Won't Be Watching

I'm done with The Sarah Silverman Program. I gave it two episodes. Bye, babe.

In A Row?

I'm 37 today. Damn, that feels old. But not as old as it sounds.

I should change the name of this site to Cynical Old Man.

Sunday Morning Hangover

Here are some of the more interesting/entertaining posts I've come across this week:
Song of the day: Happy Birthday by Concrete Blonde