Stuff Only I Care About XLIX

Weekly Random Thoughts on the Yankees

The Yankees went 4-3 this week, bringing their record to 76-60. The Yankees are five games behind Boston in the AL East and hold a two-game lead over Seattle for the American League Wild Card. The Yankees can put some real distance in the wild-card race if they sweep their three-game series next week against Seattle.

That said, the Yankees really need to win the East. If they enter as the Wild Card team, they'll play the Angels in the first round. The Angels are the only team with a winning record against the Yankees since Joe Torre became their manager.

And oh yeah… DID I MENTION THE YANKEES SWEPT BOSTON THIS WEEK?

But kudos to Clay Buchholz, who pitched a no-hitter today against the Orioles in only his second appearance for the Sox. Hopefully, he won't do the same against the Yankees.

Weekly Random Thoughts On The Carolina Tar Heels

The Butch Davis Era got off to a great start with a 37-14 win over James Madison. But let's see how they do against ACC opponents before we get too excited. My prediction? Three wins this season.

And after watching them this preseason, I'm not too sure the Panthers will fare much better.

Best Sports Commentary Of The Week

Shut up, Red Sox Nation

[via Mark]

Another Hairband Xmas

A Christmas album by some of your favorite hair bands will hit stores on September 11th. Here's the track listing:
  1. Skid Row Jingle Bells
  2. Winger Happy Christmas (War Is Over)
  3. Warrant's Jani Lane Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
  4. Twisted Sister w/ Lita Ford I'll Be Home For Christmas
  5. Queensryche White Christmas
  6. LA Guns Run Rudolph Run
  7. Firehouse Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree
  8. Danger Danger Naughty Naughty Christmas
  9. Cinderella's Tom Keifer Blue Christmas
  10. Nelson Jingle Bell Rock
  11. Faster Pussycat Silent Night
  12. Dokken Santa Claus is Coming to Town
  13. Enuff Z'nuff Happy Holiday
  14. Stryper Winter Wonderland
  15. Billy Idol Christmas Love
While there is some overlap between this disc and We Wish You A Hairy Christmas, there are some songs on this disc I'm not familiar with and can't wait to hear, namely the Tom Keifer, Winger, Twisted Sister, and Billy Idol (although how he fits in with the rest of these bands is beyond me) numbers.

[via BlabberMouth]

Because I'm The Only Person Who Hasn't Mentioned Miss Teen South Carolina This Week

That was me on the stage. Seriously, if I was in front of a crowd, knowing I was on television, and someone were to ask me a question, I would probably give an equally rambling answer. If I could speak at all.

I feel your pain, Ms. Upton.

MyBlogLogLoser

Because I had an extra fifteen minutes of dead time tonight, I joined MyBlogLog. If I am not doing something correctly or am not following proper protocol, please feel free to let me know.

Sunday Morning Hangover

Here are some of the more interesting/entertaining posts I've come across this week:
Song of the day: What A Wonderful World by Joey Ramone