Stuff Only I Care About XXXII

Weekly Random Thoughts On The Carolina Tar Heels

I was all set to use this space to celebrate the Heels' winning ways and revel in Duke's 0-2 record in the ACC. Then they lost to Virginia Tech. But it wasn't a total loss; the Heels showed they don't throw in the towel. Carolina was down 80-60 with less than five minutes remaining and actually cut the lead to three before losing 94-88 to the Hokies.

This week the Heels play at Clemson and get Georgia Tech at home.

Andy Reid Is A Moron

You're down by 3. There's 1:56 remaining in the game. It's 4th and 15 from your own 39-yard line. What do you do?

Punt!

Idiot. Great idea: put the game in the hands of your defense which had already given up 196 yards on the ground. Even if they had stopped the Saints from picking up the first down, they would've received the ball in their own territory with no timeouts and less than a minute remaining.

Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame

This year's inductees to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame are Patti Smith, R.E.M., the Ronettes, Grandmaster Flash, and Van Halen. A stellar lineup, in my opinion.

But there's something I don't quite understand. Van Halen has had three singers over its long career: David Lee Roth, Sammy Hagar, and Gary Cherone. Of the three, only Diamond Dave and Hagar will be inducted into the Hall. I agree that Cherone wasn't a vital part of Van Halen. Hell, I didn't even like most of Hagar's stuff with Van Halen. But how do they decide which members from a band get in the Hall and who stays home?

You Guys Make Me Feel Like A Rockstar

I would like to thank every single one of you who commented the other day for De-Lurking Week. 66 comments. Wow. Thanks. I wasn't expecting that kind of turnout. Thanks.

And to those of you who asked questions, I'll post the answers next week.

Sunday Morning Hangover

Here are some of the more interesting/entertaining posts I've come across this week:
Song of the day: When I Grow Up by Garbage