Of Turkeys And Restraints

Zoey's preschool is putting on a Thanksgiving show in two weeks. Today, she came home singing one of the songs they'll be performing. Here are the lyrics:

Gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble
Fat turkey, fat turkey
Gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble
Fat turkey am I.

I'm not here for living
I'm here for Thanksgiving
Gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble
Fat turkey am I.

I'm just hoping she's not the one that has to pull an Ozzy and bite the head off a live turkey when the song's over.

A Question For You

It happens every time I go grocery shopping. Every time I go to one of the big box stores. Every time we go out to eat.

I usually have to go through four or five shopping carts or highchairs before I can find one where the restraints haven't been totally destroyed.

Who are these children that break the buckles or totally rip them off? And how exactly do they accomplish this?

And if you're the parent of a child who has done such a thing, please let me know how it happens. Do you give them pocketknives to play with while you're shopping? Screwdrivers? I'm curious.

Let the truth shine. You're among friends here.