Stuff Only I Care About II

THE OSCARS

I haven't really watched the Oscars in several years. Why? Ever since Zoey came along, I make it to my local theater once a year. Hence, no vested interest. But I will be tuning in this year just to see how Jon Stewart fares.

THE SOPRANOS

One! More! Week!

FOOK DOOK

Why doesn't Dick Vitale just wear a Duke sweatshirt when he's announcing NCAA basketball games?

DO YOU REALIZE THAT YOUR SONG WOULD MAKE A GREAT COMMERCIAL?

I've been listening to The Flaming Lips' Yeah Yeah Yeah Song nonstop on my iPod in my car. But I can't help but think that I'm hearing the theme song to a future commercial for the next version of Windows, the newest Intel chip, or the next shiny expensive thing from Apple. Don't believe me? Here's the chorus:

With all your power
With all your power
With all your power
What would you do?

I can see Microsoft buying the rights to this song and adopting "What Would You Do?" as the tagline for Vista. Am I the only one?

Do yourself a favor and read Paige's piece on Yeah Yeah Yeah Song and The Sound Of Failure. And while you're at it, check out her new mp3 site, swoon.

SUNDAY MORNING HANGOVER

Here are some of the more interesting/entertaining posts I've come across this week: